Since posting our story on Hope for Healing Autism, I have been asked a lot of questions regarding my opinion on vaccines and whether or not we would choose to vaccinate in the future. When our son was born and the question of vaccines came up, all I knew was that it was a widely debated issue. I myself had been fully vaccinated and had no reason to question the validity of this practice. But, with my awareness that this was a controversial topic and my “question everything” personality, I knew I needed to study this issue myself and come to my own conclusions on the matter.
At first I was overwhelmed by the mixed reviews and conflicting reports. I became so frustrated with the fact that everything I read seemed to come to a different conclusion on which vaccines were safe, if any. My doctors urged me to vaccinate for the wellbeing of my child and the world at large. Parenting magazines stated that there is no validity to the claims that autism is linked with vaccines. Friends urged me that this was not true and that vaccinations were dangerous. Other friends argued the exact opposite.
In the end, it was largely my research into the autoimmune disorder epidemic that heightened my awareness that there is more to all of this than meets the eye. After much reading and studying, we have come to the conclusion that we feel it is safest not to vaccinate. I know that statement will turn some people off instantly, but I have compiled a list of facts I wish I had known when I began researching this issue in the first place. It is my desire that these facts will help you better understand the debate, become more accurately informed, and most of all, will help you to be comfortable with whatever choice you make in this area for your own family. Feel free to disagree with or disregard any or all of this information. To the best of my knowledge, it is accurate, but as with anything, it may have its flaws.
I do not want to convince anyone of anything. I do not want to cause arguments or debates. I simply want parents to be able to make more accurately informed decisions concerning vaccines.
Interesting Facts Regarding Vaccines and Disease:
- A two month old baby can receive as many as 8 vaccines on a single day. At age 15 to 18 months, a child can receive as many as 12 vaccines on a single day.
- During the past quarter century, the number of children with learning disabilities, ADHD, asthma and diabetes has more than tripled.
- An epidemic of chronic disease and disability is plaguing America. Our children are the most highly vaccinated children in the world and they are among the most chronically ill and disabled.
- More than twice as many children have chronic brain and immune system dysfunction today than did in the 1970’s when half as many vaccines were given to children.
Factors that Weighed into our Decision on Vaccinations:
- It is a common misnomer that when children aren’t vaccinated, they are at risk for life threatening diseases. It is widely believed that vaccines have saved our world from all sorts of diseases. However, health statistics show that there was a steady decline of infectious diseases in developing countries whether they had vaccines or not. There was also a decline in infectious disease for which there were no vaccine. It is believed that this decline is due to improved sanitation, hygiene and better nutrition.
- By 1850-1940, instances of infectious diseases were down by 90%. This was long before we began introducing most vaccines. In a study done by John and Sonja McKinlay in St. Martin’s Press, New York, it was stated that “it is estimated that at most, 3.5% of the total decline in mortality since 1900 could be ascribed to medical measures introduced for the diseases considered. Furthermore, medical measures were introduced several decades after marked decline had already set in and having no detectable influences in most instances.” Only 10% of the world got the smallpox vaccine. Yet we hear that this vaccine eradicated smallpox. According to Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, “Smallpox would have died out anyway regardless of the vaccine.” This is also the case with Polio. The disease was already dying out before the vaccine was introduced.
- But if you don’t vaccinate, your kids could get meningitis, etc.!” Statistics actually show that the majority of people who report getting these infectious diseases are, by far, the ones who were vaccinated. 80% of people who get the flu have been vaccinated against it. Multiple studies show that more children who have been fully vaccinated get measles than those who are unvaccinated.
- The amount of required vaccinations has more than doubled in the last twenty years, bringing the grand total recommended vaccinations to 49 within the first 6 years of a child’s life.
- The FDA wants to add even more vaccines into these tiny baby’s bodies almost as soon as they are born, including a flu shot twice a year for the first two years followed by an annual flu shot for life.
- Most of these vaccines are given before the age of five. Yet the majority of the brain’s development is in the first five years of life. The toxins in the vaccines inhibit the brain’s ability to develop properly.
- It is a common misnomer that a student is required to be vaccinated in order to attend school. However, each state has exemptions. Find out how you can be exempt in your state.
- The things that fill vaccines are known neurotoxins (e.g. formaldehyde, thimerosol (mercury), aluminum, ammonium sulfate, aborted fetal tissue, antibiotics, MSG), meaning they are literally poison to the brain. Our bodies cannot detoxify these substances, and therefore, they hide away in our brains and bodies creating new diseases.
- Each vaccine has been tested individually. However, they have not been tested together. And now that so many vaccines are required, they developed “cocktails” so that our little ones only have to receive one or two pricks instead of five or six. This sounds appealing to the mother concerned about the pain involved in getting shots, but can these little bodies handle this many toxins at once? Once again, studies have not been done to show the safety of these vaccines given in numerous doses, nor have there been long term studies on the affects of all of these new vaccines being given to our little ones at a younger and younger age.
- Vaccines artificially expose the body with these viruses in a way the body was not meant to defend against. God made our bodies with the amazing ability to heal and protect itself. Babies are exposed to germs in the air, and their bodies are constantly learning to detoxify them and strengthen them. But only when they are introduced in this natural way, by breathing them in etc. are their immune systems able to build up a defense against them. When they are injected directly into the bloodstream, the body’s natural defense mechanisms are not triggered properly. As one researcher said, our bodies never grow stronger by taking the easy way out. It is only through the difficult way, that is, being exposed to and fighting the germs the way God intended that our bodies can build up that lifelong immunity to the much scarier adult forms of the diseases (shingles from chicken pox for example). Vaccines do not trigger the lifelong immunity that actually catching the disease does. This is why you have to be re-vaccinated every 5-7 years.
- Many of these vaccines, like the Hep B vaccine, were never tested on newborns for safety–only 5-6 years olds. Yet new moms are told to give their babies this vaccine moments after it enters the world!
- Most of the vaccines–like the one for pertussis–are not even given until after two months of age, and yet an infant’s greatest risk is before they are two months old.
- Statistically, infectious diseases such as influenza and pertussis are rarely fatal. When these diseases prove fatal, it is in those who are autoimmune compromised, such as the very young, the autoimmune disordered, and the elderly. However, because of the nature of vaccines introducing disease into the body, autoimmune disordered children are recommended not to receive any further vaccinations. And yet they are the ones with the highest risk for fatality if they catch the disease.
- We are not taking into account the cost at which we are attempting to “save” our children from illness. We will vaccinate in hopes of preventing them getting polio and tuberculosis, but at what point do we say, “Which is worse? The threat of an illness that has all but been eradicated? or the new childhood epidemics autism, asthma, ADHD and allergies that are paralyzing people and are called “living death” that are strongly linked with receiving vaccines?”
- Much of what drives the vaccine issue is fear. We are so afraid we will harm our children we will do anything to help them! And most people think this IS helping them. Fear is the big motivator. We are running to get these vaccines because we are afraid. But the more we inform ourselves, the less we realize we need to fear.
Understanding the Immune Response to Infectious Disease vs. the Immune Response to Immunization
What is the difference between normal immune system response to illness and vaccination? If we do not inform ourselves, we live in fear. When our babies are born, everything in their body is underdeveloped except their brain stem. This is a time when they need to be protected from toxins, not assaulted with them. What is the process? When the body is exposed to an infectious illness, the body identifies it and begins detoxifying to fight against it. It initiates white blood cells and T cells which attack the invader directly. When the THi cell gets involved, your body develops lifelong immunity. A fever (up to a certain point) plays a critical role in fighting off the infection in the body. There is no system in the human body which is strenghtened by avoiding challenges, but only through overcoming them. The medical model does the opposite of what the body is doing. If you challenge the immune system and it overcomes, it is healthier. If children are not well, there are so many things you can do to proactively help their bodies respond better.
Let us look at the way our body responds to food poisoning for instance. When we eat bad food, we vomit. Is this unpleasant? Yes. But it is actually our body ridding itself of the poisons. The body goes through a similar process when it is exposed to infectious illnesses. However, there are some major differences in the body’s response to an encountered illness and an injected illness. First, when an unvaccinated child is walking around the world, they are being exposed to infectious diseases slowly. A child is not going to be exposed to eight different diseases all at once. When we are injected with a vaccine, we are not only changing the timing of exposure, but the method. When we vaccinate, we bypass the normal method and inject it straight into the muscle (also all the toxins). If it goes into the blood, that disease can go into all the vital organs of the body and wreak havoc. TH2 cells are stimulated, and they do not have lifelong immunity, which is why you have to be continuously re-vacccinated for the rest of their lives to maintain “immunity.”
Hep B vaccine was designed for the prostitutes and drug users. Hep B is passed by having multiple sexual partners or by dirty needles. Now they are giving it to babies within the first few hours of their birth.
Being informed on the facts of how rarely anyone actually dies from these illnesses, we realize we do not have to live in fear to do whatever it takes to prevent it—even exposing ourselves and our children to even more harmful toxins to avoid them getting the actual disease.
A bit about mercury content in vaccines
The FDA has stated “lead, cadmium, and mercury are examples of toxic elements that are toxic even when present at relatively low levels…” Mercury is the most poisonous neurotoxin on this earth.
When women become pregnant, one of the first things they are warned not to eat is any type of fish. Why is this? Because of the mercury contained in fish. Even a nursing mother is told to avoid fish due to the mercury content.
Thimerosol is a form of inorganic mercury. It has long been associated with serious neurological disorders.
While thimerosol has been largely removed from vaccines, there are many concerns about the legitimacy of this claim. First, if it is not an active ingredient, manufacturers do not have to list it in the ingredients. So you may ask for thimerosol free and think you are getting it, but it may still be in there. Also, they have been gradually weeding out the thimerosol over the past few years, and when tested, trace amounts still exist within the vaccines. It is kind of like a food that has been manufactured on equipment that had previously been used to produce peanuts. They list that fact on the side because even trace amounts of peanuts can be fatal to those with an allergy. And remember what the FDA said about even trace amounts of mercury—it is toxic. And then there is the question of what they replaced the thimerosol with—are there studies on their safety?
In the 1950’s, the amount of thimerosol that five year old children were exposed to via vaccines was 50 micrograms. By the year 2003, children were receiving 212.5 mcg of thimerosol by the age of 5. According to the EPA Safety recommendation, infants should receive no more than .01mcg-4 mcg a day. However, in one round of vaccines, an infant will receive 41-60 times the amount of recommended thimerosol (FDACenterfor Biologics Evaluation and Research). These neurotoxins do not get eliminated. They are absorbed into the brain like water in a sponge, causing long term damage.
Rhogam still contains full level of mercury-25 mcg. It is possible, though very difficult, to find Rhogam shots that do not have thimerosol in them. If you are pregnant and have the Rh factor, ask for a specific list of ingredients and ensure you are receiving the vaccine without rhogam.
I have done my best to gather reliable information in my research on vaccines. I would have liked to footnote more thoroughly, but it was rather overwhelming since a lot of the information was gleaned from multiple sources and can be found at numerous locations. I have listed below many of my sources so you can seek out further information for yourself. Please do not fault my improper citation below. I did not list every publishing detail, etc. I mostly just linked to websites or articles. It is not my mom’s fault. She taught me better. Really.
Healing the New Childhood Epidemics, Dr. Kenneth Bock
Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Dr. Natasha Campbell
The Vaccine Book, Dr. Bob Sears
 World Health Statistics Annual
 Healing the New Childhood Epidemics, Gut and Psychology Syndrome
 The Vaccine Book, Dr. Bob Sears